Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gardening Woes and Fast Times!

Well, it seems as if fall is fast approaching.  I have heard from a few gardeners that it seems like mid-September in their gardens.  Many of the plants are done producing and the late fall crops are coming on.  Those of us that can have been swamped getting the pantry ready for the winter. 
I never know from one day to the next if I will be working on fruit or vegetables in my kitchen. Because of my business, I don't manage to can for my pantry as many of my friends do, so when I do get to create something other than jams, I feel like that is a vacation!
I have dabbled in pie fillings: Gourmet Apple; Red Raspberry; Strawberry Rhubarb; Peach; Mixed Berry etc.  I have dabbled in pickles: 14 Day; Squash Bread and Butter; Cucumber Bread and Butter; working on a batch of 9 day Aristocrat.  I have dabbled in relishes: Yellow Squash; Zucchini; Zesty; Dill; Dixie.
I am ready to start making my friend, Cindy's, zucchini salsa!  OH she wasn't joking when she told me that would be my 'go to' salsa.  I love eating it right out of the kettle!  We use it in everything from tacos to taco bake, dips, etc.
It will also be a busy time in the jam world with fall bazaars, craft shows, etc coming up. I have scheduled time off but I don't know if will get here fast enough!


 
I don't know how my grandmother did the canning and had seven children running through the house! I am plum wore out!! LOL 
Enjoy the days ahead everyone.  Be safe and smile. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews