Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ok...ROAD TRIP!

Last week I had the pleasure of spending time with my 85 year old Grandma, my Mom and my Aunt.  We went to Port Orange, Florida. It was a wonderful, relaxing, fun time. We live close but the four of us haven't been on a vacation like that EVER!
The weather was nice. A few showers here and there on two days but they cleared off quickly and the sun was back out. Lots of things planned to see and do.  Each day, something fun!
While in Port Orange, I wanted to stop at the local farmers market to meet a canning friend of mine. Well, it was a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing: I LOVED meeting Jennifer and exchanging jams.  BAD thing: all the beautiful produce and the low, low prices and I live in Ohio!!!  Seedless watermelon, no smaller than a nice sized bowling ball 50 CENTS and 75 cents. Cantaloupes $1. Baskets of peppers, potatoes, zucchini, etc for $1 at one stand. I was like a kid in a candy store with cavities, meaning no canner, no jars, no way to transport all this glorious produce home 5 days later to Ohio. The markets I have been to have no way compared to this one.  So many vendors. So many different kinds of produce and fruits. Every piece calling my name! LOL
So, my mind is racing as to what would be the "perfect" time next year to load up my car with my canner, jars, etc and head to my aunt's house.  I would arrive on Tuesday. Go to the market on Wednesday.  And dive into a canning frenzy!  This is "normal" to think this way, is it not? It sounds perfectly sane in my mind!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews