Monday, July 8, 2013

Fresh picked red raspberries from my neighbors farm.



Oh I wish you could smell the smells....

 
 
My kitchen smells so divine! My neighbor, Cathy (she has a beautiful garden, fruit trees, bushes and a produce stand), has the first berries of the season coming on!  We have had so much rain, that everything seems to be a little late coming on around here.  The sun comes out for a few hours and then with the humidity, the weathermen start "tracking storms" in the afternoon.  But the berries have started to ripen and so far, I have brought home six quarts. 
 
The red raspberries are so refreshingly tart but also a tad sweet.  I have been eating them by handfuls...I have to remind myself they are for jam.
 
Yesterday and today I made batches of Red Raspberry Jam.  I saved two cups to try a new recipe, Blushing Peach Jam. I had about two cups of the fresh North Carolina peaches in the freezer waiting for the berries.  The aroma coming from the kettle was amazing! 
 
I enjoy trying out new recipes.  Which reminds me I have a cantaloupe in the kitchen.....Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews