Wednesday, July 10, 2013

I Love Creating in the Kitchen!

Good Evening All,

I think after about 20 days in a row of rain, the system has moved out of the area.  We are to have low humidity and sunshine for at least four days! YEA!!!  My poor flowers need some sun to dry up the soaking puddles they are sitting in. I didn't mind the rain as I've been in the kitchen or running errands most days.

I've added to my inventory of four ounce jars.  I made lots of delicious jams yesterday and today and a few new ones also.  First up....CANTALOUPE Jam!  I don't even eat cantaloupe BUT this just interested me so much, I had to try it. It has a sweet, mellow flavor. I am sure to make more due to the fact that I believe people will want to try it and then LOVE it.  Second in the canner was a combination of Plums/Pears/Apples (still working on a name for it). I love black plums when they are just ripe enough and so juicy you really need to have a towel in your hand to catch the juice. This jam almost has the consistency of a fruit butter.

Then I kept the kettle warm with a batches of Strawberry/Kiwi Jam, Strawberry Margarita Jam, Plum Spice Jam (a new recipe), Wicked Watermelon and finally Rhubarb Pie Jam. 
The Rhubarb Pie Jam is an original Joyful Jar recipe.  I had rhubarb, blueberries and wanted to create something different and I did! I cooked them down, added some spices and brown sugar and it reminds me of a pie filling.

I love to create different flavors and not keep the same flavors cooking each day. This keeps my mind busy with ideas flowing and keeps the customers on their toes, looking for new flavors and how they can incorporate them into their lives.

Enjoy the evening, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews