Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I Can Get Distracted....

Beautiful jars shining in the sun at the farmers market!
Today began at 6 a.m.  It was a chilly but beautiful morning! Dishes done, spaghetti sauce, to be canned for winter time use, was in the slow cooker simmering down to a nice medium sauce. 
Next was the bushel of peaches.  Oh they smelled wonderful! Nothing like a fresh, juicy peach waiting to be peeled.  I sat at the kitchen sink, watching the birds fly around from feeder to water bowl and back, and found it very relaxing. Time spent doing repetitive work lets you have time to think, about the past, the future, the next few hours, etc.  I had tackled the bushel and placed the peels and pits in freezer bags to put away for a later date.  I save them to cook down and make a beautiful jelly that is delicious on chicken! 
So, on to getting the jars washed up and the canner simmering and then..........
Then, somehow, I got distracted.  Everyday for about one month I walk past the "pile" of things I have purchased lately. I have enjoyed buying a few new things for the walls and shelves but have not found a "home" for them yet.  Well, today was as good as any other day...(as my peaches sat in the huge Tupperware bowls on the counter waiting to become fabulous tasting jam!)
My mind wondered and I spent time on hanging some prints, thinking up a cool way to use the ladder I purchased and so on.  Now it is time for canning.
...THEN I looked at the canning shelves.  THEY called me....needed me to rearrange them!  SO I did...and now it is past 10 p.m. and I have not canned one thing today.
Tomorrow will start early again BUT it will end with beautiful jars full of Sunny Peach and Fuzzie Navel Jam to show for all my hours of being awake!
Leads me to wonder...where does time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews