Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OH...Lordy...It's HOT!!!

Good Afternoon Everyone! 

Oh my golly...we  have gone from rain every afternoon to icky, sticky humidity..BIG TIME!

Unfortunately I don't have a nice cool cellar or breezeway to do my canning but we have come up with the next best thing.  My husband put up the pop-up tent and the campstove out on the deck and I am processing the jars out there! LOL  It actually is working out pretty good.  The house is still 78* with the a/c on.  I can't imagine what it would be with the canner going at full speed ahead too!

I cook up a batch and jar it in the house and take out to the cookstove to keep warm until I get a whole canner full.  

As I was making Wrangler & Red Raspberry last night, I looked for a recipe on SBCanning's blog, Canning Homemade, and found a delicious Red Raspberry Vanilla Jam!  Of course my good friend Cindy uses her words more eloquently than I do, (LOL) so I will just say it is dang good!   I love the taste of vanilla.  It has just enough to give it a little sweeter taste than the plain red raspberry.

Today, I did six batches of Friki Tiki Colada.  It is a summertime favorite!  And as I was getting my fresh blueberries from the freezer, I thought about something different to do with them.  It didn't take me long!  I have fallen in love with a drink at a restaurant called FlipSide.  They have the most amazing Blueberry Lemonade!   So, that is my attempt later on this afternoon.  I have a feeling with my ingredients, it will be a hit also. 

I have some new shelving units to put my canning equipment on, so I will take a break from canning and do some housework.  Enjoy your day my friends!  Be blessed and full of praise. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews