Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy Independence Day!



 
I can't believe it is July already!  The months have gone by quickly.  We have had quite a bit of rain in my area.  It seems everyday about 2:00 or 3:00, they are 'tracking' more showers and storms.  The ground is pretty saturated in some areas.  At least I don't have to worry about watering the plants. 
 
I have enjoyed my summer of canning so far.  I had a great first time at the Easton Farmers Market!  The atmosphere is wonderful! The day was sunny and breezy and I had the perfect spot to watch the children play in the water fountain.  I look forward to going back later in the month.
 
A good friend brought home some North Carolina peaches for me last week.  YUMM.  I was so excited to good fresh picked peaches.  I was going to make the jam that very evening but a storm came through and knocked the power off for six hours.  I made the jam the next day and it is delicious!  I am looking forward to the peaches making their way up here.  Specials are being posted by local markets for next week deliveries.
 
 
Enjoy the day friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews